Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to Spinebound!

Hi! Welcome to Spinebound. My name is Heather and I’m a 22 year old publishing student in New York City who hasn’t had a blog since her high school Livejournal. I love books and the book industry, but also Buffy the Vampire Slayer, greyhounds, Dr. House, my Volvo, and pickles.

Why Spinebound? Well, because I wanted to start a blog that will not only force me to keep myself informed about the World of Book Publishing, and because I really, really love word puns (especially the truly awful ones). But I also love this name because books really do have the capability to spellbound the reader by transporting her (or him) to a different place or time or into someone else’s head, and that’s what I love about them so much. Oh, and also Education, and Art, and the Serious Topics people write about.

Anyway, there will be book-related posts (books I’m reading, books I want to read, books that are making news, etc.) but this also needs to be about ME, so expect some of that. (Maybe I should have named it Soapbox?) I’m seriously new at blogging and Blogspot, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions or wants to tell me how stupid a name they think “Spinebound” is, feel free to leave a comment.

Happy 2010!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment